Monday, June 14, 2010

I'll hit the gun show in Wichita and buy a brand new 45

Important thing to note: I decided today that there will be two different album configurations of "The Gun Show," which falls in the middle of a trilogy of albums that I've been constructing. It's like Empire Strikes Back. It ends on a dark note...

So the cool thing is that one configuration is intentionally poppy and more or less constructed for radio play/semi-world domination. What that means is there's a good mix of rocking jamz and slower jamz and lengths that are appropriate for radio play and everything is palatable and cleaned up nicely.

On the flip side of that, when you take the majority of those songs and you draw them out into nasty alt-country/noise rock jamz you get something that sounds like Old 97's meets Sonic Youth and to me that's far more exciting and intriguing.

I'll talk in more detail about this at a later date but I'm currently thinking about making both to see which one I like better and possibly then mass producing one and limiting the release of the other. We shall see.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment