Thursday, June 3, 2010

the sun's eclipsed beneath the shadow of a girl

Shaded Rose by m3d1um

#051 - "Shaded Rose" - 2009

That title is in quotes and if you listen the song you might in fact wonder about the title. The truth is this song is kind of personal and sometimes I just want to avoid upsetting anyone or giving them the wrong idea. For the record, it's not about anyone from the present. It's only about me and and a lot of heartbreak and confusion that I suffered through for a really long time. It was also written on a Sunday in early summer of 2009 while I was listening to the Rolling Stones which kind of makes sense. This recording isn't my favorite. It's going to get a major overhaul in a few months because I think the song has potential but needs more work. Especially if I'm going to record it for a single release (which I'm tentatively planning). The sirens at the end were an accident but I left them because I felt like they actually fit. Hope you dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment