Sunday, September 12, 2010

i totally forgot that nothing really rhymes with oranges

English Lessons (Circa 1993) by m3d1um

#088 - English Lessons (Circa 1993) - 2010

Yeah so...I saw Pavement last weekend and so I started tuning my guitar in different tunings and this was the result of open C. Also, the lyrics are a result of a comment on my friend and fellow musician John Keck's FB wall where someone mentioned he should write a song with word "orange" because you can't rhyme it unless...you use the tricks you learned from Lil Wayne and rhyme it with itself. So, I kind of built the song around it and then because I mentioned haiku in the last verse I ended the song with a haiku cuz I'm totally witty like that (or something). The synth at the end is something I'm really happy with as are the wailing guitars and the somewhat screaming vocals on the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment