Sunday, September 12, 2010

maybe i should just write a novel...a novel that no one will read

Motion Picture by m3d1um

#090 - Motion Picture - 2005

This song means a lot to me. Not only because of who I wrote it for, who I wrote it with and when we wrote it but also because for a really long time, it was my favorite song that I'd written. It was written on a December night and we literally wrote it and recored it in about an hour. It just kind of happened and I sent it to my friends that night because I was so proud of it and forever, it was just this symbol that I could write songs that caught people's attention. The number of times I've sent people the older Motion Picture demos is many. I guess the reason it was #090 on the list is because I was tired of playing by the time I started this in 2009. In case you didn't catch it, I named this blog after a line in the song. I hope you like this version. It's pretty minimal but I think that works. Important to note now that I have hit 90 songs. Once I hit 113 I will not be releasing things as rapidly. The reason it's 113 is because I covered 13 songs in the 100 and I want to make sure I release 100 original songs this year. So...the countdown has begun...23 songs left.


No comments:

Post a Comment