Saturday, September 11, 2010

this place has been killing me

This Place by m3d1um

#087 - This Place - 2002

In 2002, I started working on a space opera that I've probably mentioned before and this was one of the two original songs that I wrote for it. This is the track that is the main character talking about how he's stuck in a small town and feels trapped. It's kind of his longing to get out. I added the breakdown at the end to demonstrate the duality of the personality but it's hard to actually explain without the full story being in place so more on it later when I do the space opera post once I've finalized the story. This was hard to record because I used a strange tuning and lots of dissonant chords. More takes on this than any other song I've recorded. Hope you like it even though it falls outside the standard rockin' jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment