Saturday, September 4, 2010

living underground like the rats crawling in the dark

Alone by m3d1um

#082 - Alone - 2010

When I initially came up with the concept behind this song it was going to be the title track to a soundtrack to a movie that I might make. Basically a concert movie/art film called "Alone" that borders on silent movie except for live musical performances intertwined. Like two extremes: silence->music->silence. Still will probably do it but this song is now also destined for the "Boundaries" album because it has this whole "slow-drag" feel to it and the "Boundaries" album was inspired by Neil Young/R.E.M (NAIHF)/Jay Farrar. The only other songs I've posted in contention for that record are: How Many Times? and Maybe. More should be coming soon though because I've been in that place lately. We'll see. I'm hell bent on writing more of "Wristbreaker" at the moment. Another notable thing about this track is that I played banjo on it and that's the first time I have done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment