Monday, January 11, 2010

the moon is spinning and the sky is bleeding stars



"I'm So Frightened" was written as part of the previously mentioned space opera and is part of a suite of 3 songs that when combined represent the main character on an acid trip. This piece in particular is the part where it starts to turn bad (hence the noise and the lyrics). It's a very noisy song and more of an experiment than the stuff I have posted previously. There are actually two sets of lyrics to this song, one male the other female with them trading verses (one about the drugs and one about growing old). It ties into the story that I can't really disclose but it the original demo I did with pitch shifted female vocals didn't sound right and so I stripped it back to a single character singing. Anyway, lyrics below. Be forewarned this song has a lot of dissonance. Lyrics...

"I'm So Frightened"

Uh oh, it looks like this time I’ve gone too far

The moon is spinning and the sky is bleeding stars

The wind is burning and my body is getting cold

I’m so frightened cuz these drugs are taking hold


Oh no, this void is too much for me to bare

I’m slowly floating to the middle of nowhere

My mind is tripping to the edge of outer space

I’m so frightened as the sunbeams form your face


Tell me what

Should I do

To stop the sun

From glowing blue

No comments:

Post a Comment