Monday, April 12, 2010

sweet lovely death i'm waiting for your breath

You might have noticed that I was nice enough to post 4 videos of Danzig, destroying the 80's for you to enjoy. You might also remember the time I wrote about recording Danzig covers. I'm partial to the Misfits version of Danzig although I enjoy "Mother" as much as the next human. However, metal Danzig was produced by Rick Rubin and I think anyone who has read this blog knows that I get queasy whenever I see his name attached to something. Of course, Danzig is powerful enough to circumvent being ruined by Rick Rubin. Also, remember how I used to post a lot of demos? Well, here are 6. This is a full EP of acoustic Misfits covers. I'll list them out individually for you and then also post a link to the zip with all of them. I deconstructed these songs so don't be alarmed when the intro on Astr Zombies doesn't sound like the original. I don't care. I made them mine. I hope you like them but ultimately, I like them so I'm giving them to you...Also, I dedicate this EP to my little brother for being awesome and getting me into the Misfits in the first place. I specifically recorded Astro Zombies for him.

#018 - Attitude - Because I've got some fuckin' attitude.
#019 - Skulls - Because my version is better than Evan Dando's.
#020 - Where Eagles Dare - Because I ain't no god damn son of a bitch & for HHH.
#021 - I Turned into a Martian - For myself because this is my fav Misfits song.
#022 - Last Caress - Because you can't do a Misfits cover EP and not do it.

All of them zipped. One thing...

Please remember this is art and in no way am I going out of my way to offend anyone. I am merely interpreting other people's work and mothers, children or over-sensitive people (I could name a few of those who might stumble upon this) should simply avoid it because I don't need to deal with the hassle of you being offended. Thanks. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment