Wednesday, May 5, 2010

what am i to say another rainy day

Rainy Days by m3d1um

#030 - Rainy Days aka "Throwing Pens" - 2003

So this song was written in probably sometime between 10:30 and 4 AM during a late night "jam" with my man Gooch in 2003 (possibly 2004 cuz those years are kind of a blur and I'm too lazy to check). Here are some facts:

  • Original recording I counted this song off with a lighter.
  • The lyrics have not changed much from when I wrote them that night and that USUALLY doesn't happen.
  • I wrote a song about rain before moving to Seattle was even on the horizon.
  • We were listening to lots of Alice In Chains during the period this was written and I have proof from when PARTYBOI got drunk and kept eating aluminum cans and quoting lines from "Rooster".
  • This is the first version of this with multiple guitars and drums etc.
  • This was called Throwing Pens for a long time because I think I was throwing pens at Gooch while he was trying to play or something like that.
Anyway, hope you like it. I'm not sure how I feel about the vocals yet because I was doing harmonies but they weren't working for me tonight.

PS - Reworking jamz you wrote during your "lost" era kind of rules the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment