Wednesday, July 21, 2010

i need her to cut me deeper so i can start to feel again

Emotional Masochism by m3d1um

#070 - Emotional Masochism - 2004

So in 2003-2004 I conceptualized this album of songs about the fact that, at the time, I had a tendency to throw myself into volatile relationships with the complete intention of getting hurt in order to push myself into a certain emotional state/mindset in order to drive my creativity. Is that a healthy way to approach life? um no. Did I do it anyway? yes because I had some tendencies in my 20s to be slightly irresponsible in regards to my own well being. So, long story short I came up with the name for the album long before I wrote the title track but the hook is actually one that I liked enough to finish the full song. More on the whole album a little later. There is a 99% chance it's going to come out first next year and thus, I will be talking about it a lot in the coming months. I hope you dig this. To me, it kind of feels New Adventures in Hi-fi at times which I didn't intend but works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment