Wednesday, July 21, 2010

i've got a broken wrist...

Broken Wrist by m3d1um

#071 - Broken Wrist - 2010

In January I was working a ton and exhausted and noticed early in the year or late in 2009 (I can't remember) that there was something going on with my wrist. It was incredibly frightening because when you google health problems you always get led to cancer. So, I was exhausted, couldn't play guitar because it hurt very badly and I thought I had cancer. Additionally, I was starting to have problems with other areas of my life and the days were rough. If you fast forward to a month or so ago, I was thinking about this time and it amazed me how messy I was. This inspired me to start working an album that was intentionally sloppy/heavy/chaotic basically mimicking how I felt from December - March (up until I wrote Hey, Angel... which was the turning point). So, "Wristbreaker" which is named as an homage to one of the best records ever made may or may not be released in the near future. So far two tracks are done and I really like it although I've shamed myself a bit as I had originally intended every song to be as lyrically incoherent as "tourette's" by Nirvana and I wussed out (similar to the infamous remixing of In Utero to be more radio friendly). So yeah, "Broken Wrist" is short, heavy and chaotic and I really adore the songs coming from these sessions because they are just so raw and every time I record one I just think about how awesome it will be to play live because they are so fast and chaotic. Anyway, longer post. Hope you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment