Wednesday, October 13, 2010

girl are you the princess of these traffic lights

Princess of the Traffic Lights by m3d1um

#107 - Princess of the Traffic Lights - 2004

As I have probably mentioned previously, in 2001, I started working on a space opera. I've released a few tracks from that over the last 10 months. Princess of the Traffic Lights initially didn't come to me as part of that. It's now part of that as you'll notice the lyrics tend to reference a post-apocalyptic war torn times where the humans are being wiped out at an entirely rapid pace. All I can tell you right now is that it's from Act II. The main character is searching for this prophet in the streets of an alien planet as he believes she's the key to saving the human race and while he searches the people around him are being wiped out.

Aside from that, the song was actually written about someone who left and came back and left and came back every few months. She'd disappear and be gone and then a few months later be back. Always struggling and had it pretty rough and this song was very much conceived around her and that life. I hope you like it. It's definitely geared to the opera in its current state but I'm pretty happy with it. Hope you dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment