Friday, October 22, 2010

walking along the street chaos is all around

Wow...this is the first time I've posted in a long time without a demo included in the post. Just a quick update on what's been going on this week. After finishing up the 100, I decided to take a look at the large number of songs I wrote in 1995-1996. Prior to learning how to play guitar I wrote about 10 albums worth of lyrics. Granted they were pretty much the kind of lyrics any 17 year old might write which means they are not the best lyrics ever. Either way, I went through these and I've started working on a new collection of songs that I'm tentatively calling "Revolving Doors" after the title of a poem I wrote around the same time. I picked that title mostly at random by opening my very old lyrics book to a random page and picking one. I think I've narrowed down the number of songs I'm looking at to 20. Included in that group are most of the songs from my first band's early garage demo and then probably 12 - 14 more tracks that I never finished at the time but all held some sort of significance to me back in the day. I've already recored "Angel" as part of the 100 and in addition I recorded 2 more tracks, "I Love You" and "Hang On", this week. Both of those were on the old demo although these versions are fairly different from the original arrangements. Other tracks in the queue are: "Man on the Corner", "Freejizm", "Sadness", "Superficial", "Stagnation", "Lampshade" and several others. More to come on that as I might record all 20 but probably will only release the 10-12 I like the best. Also brewing is an acoustic album of new songs similar in feel to "Stupid Times." Completely stripped down except for voice and guitar. Just been feeling that vibe lately so going to follow the impulse. Okay it's late. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment