Saturday, October 16, 2010

he used to dream of diamonds

Ruby Broke His Heart by m3d1um

#110 - Ruby Broke His Heart - 2003

This song is pretty storied but mostly in a personal way so I'll tell some of it. It was written in 2003 during the Busdriver/Sunday Morning Relapse days with my cohort Gooch. We actually only wrote the hook at that time but it's a song that for whatever reason we talked about writing for years and it kept coming up and multiple gem references were made. This version is significant in that I recorded it this week for Gooch's birthday and in that I intentionally left it open for enhancements later. The verses are pretty bare right now and I imagine in a future version there will be a bridge and also more guitars added. That's what I'm hearing anyway, but for now it's this. I love that hook and I like the quiet-loud dynamic on this one. I hope you like it. Rough but alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment