Monday, October 18, 2010

i shouldn't be the one who's forced to pay the cover charge for your mistakes

Cover Charge by m3d1um

#113 - Cover Charge - 2004

So here's the story of Cover Charge. I have a book of lyrics (one of many) where I began numbering song lyrics I wrote in early 2004. In that book, Cover Charge is #002. Shortly after writing those lyrics, we wrote the song and recorded it on a cold evening probably after too much beer and a bad Bon Jovi cover. The only thing that has really changed since that first version is that the guitars have gotten louder and it's gotten faster. When I was playing with the people I used to play with, we would end every rehearsal with Cover Charge and it would usually turn into a 15 minute long freak-out full of distortion and feedback. I love that shit and so I decided when I started this 100 demos project that I would end it with Cover Charge because it just needs to happen like that and now I have. Let me just say, I'm pretty stoked that I released 100 original songs this year (in less than a year) and I'm even more excited about what's next because it's all about refining what I have and possibly adding more but I will start vaulting the majority of stuff I write for the time being. The reasoning behind that is that I want to leave some surprises for the future.

Lastly, I want to take a minute to thank the people who have kept me going and who have followed me through the year, etc. Much appreciation to anyone who has listened to a song or two. Thank you it has meant a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment