Sunday, October 17, 2010

i'm here to save the universe and put this creature in the ground

Calm Down by m3d1um

#112 - Calm Down - 2010

So this started out as a "Self-Destructor, Part 1" song and then as I was recording it it did a 180 and I decided it made more sense as part of the space opera and so I wrote it to represent the battle between the main character and the creature that is destroying the universe and I could talk more about it but I won't but it'll make more sense once the whole thing is done. The vocoded vocals on the chorus represent the people watching this struggle. This one is central to the plot and between this and Princess of the Traffic Lights has gotten me reenergized about the whole project. I've talked to some other musicians about participating in it as well and so this project is going to be one of my best when we get there. I think it might be a while before it's truly done, but the wait will be worth it. Hope you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment