Wednesday, October 13, 2010

he's the saddest boy oh he's the saddest boy

The Saddest Boy by m3d1um

#108 - The Saddest Boy - 2010

If The Coolest Girl (#007) had a cousin or a lost brother it would be this. As I was remixing that song in May, I was like...there should be a sequel that is completely different but sort of the same. There's almost this weird masculine - feminine thing going on with how the songs turned out. One is just out of control and aggressive non-stop and slightly grating while the other starts off gentle and bursts into aggressive guitars when you don't expect it. I'll stop with that analogy now, but it works for me and I see some connection. Sloppy guitar driven Wristbreaker-ness is what this is. Pretty rough but that whole album is pretty rough. I'm either one or two tracks away from finishing it too which is pretty awesome. I could make it longer but it's mostly going to be thirty to thirty-five minutes because it shouldn't be long. It's a mess and I love it and it thrashes better than I thought it would. Not exactly super commercial but again, I never intended it to be commercial at all. I'm just rambling now, I hope you like this. I love the burst into the chorus and my solo on this one. Enjoy and peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment