Tuesday, October 5, 2010

lately i've been living broken hearted

Double Tall by m3d1um

#097 - Double Tall - 2009

So this one...kind of dark but sums up how I want "The Gun Show" to sound. Raw energy, somewhat angry singing with screaming on top of it and ferocious guitars. It's like an Old 97's kind of sound but more grit. As far as the concept on this, when I quit drinking in 2008 there would be various times during that first year when I would get incredibly moody and dark. This song is about the perception that many people have that if someone quits something then they start the world is going to end. It's just interesting to me. Not sure why but I wrote this about that feeling and I think I captured it even though it's pretty intense. I hope you like it. It's definitely an in the right mood kind of song. Oh and funny note..."finish what I started" line actually refers to the album lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment