Tuesday, October 5, 2010

when it comes to you it's just too hard to heal

Heal by m3d1um

#095 - Heal - 2010

This song is very special to me. It was inspired by someone who has been really good to me this year when I definitely needed it. The story is that the week I broke down after two months of not making music and wrote "Hey, Angel..." she listened to it, made some very positive comments and then said I need to release an album called "Heal" that relates back to a lot of what I've gone through the last few years. Well, I held that idea in my mind for a long time and knew that when I wrote a song called "Heal" it was going to be something important. One night a few weeks ago it just kind of came to me and I recorded it and I've gotta say, I love this one. Partially based on the story above and partially based on how good it felt to finally see Pavement reunite and play a show. I left the lyrics to this somewhat obscure as a nod to SM. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment